- January 10, 2022
- Posted by: ICCRI
- Category: Technology Dissemination
Pusat Penelitian Kopi dan Kakao Indonesia (Puslitkoka), in collaboration with the Pemerintah Kabupaten Jember, Bank Indonesia Kantor Perwakilan Jember, and the International Coffee Organization (ICO), is organizing the Holistic Coffee Expo (HCE) 2021. HCE is an annual event that was first held in 2020. HCE Event
the year 2020 was successfully attended by 16 resource persons, attended by more than 2000 participants, and supported by various stakeholders such as; government, NGOs, industry, academics, farmers, traders, coffee entrepreneurs, both cafes, and MSMEs. The success of HCE 2020 has attracted public attention to coffee, especially in the Sekarkijang area (ex Besuki and Lumajang Residencies) through various events such as webinars, live auctions, coffee talks, and virtual business matching. HCE 2021 is the second year’s event with the theme “Proud of Nusantara Coffee” which aims to cultivate people’s love for Nusantara coffee and efforts to increase national coffee consumption. In addition, HCE also provides support to the Jember district government to support Jember as the “Best Robusta Coffee Center in Indonesia”. The HCE 2021 will be held in a Hybrid (Online and Offline) manner during December covering three aspects of coffee’s point of view, namely business, culture and health. The 2021 HCE series will be opened by the Regent of Jember, Bank Indonesia Jember Representative Office, Director of PT. Nusantara Plantation Research, Head of the Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Center and Executive Director of the International Coffee Organization (ICO) on December 1, 2021 online. A series of HCE 2021 event’s include:
- Focus Group Discussion (FGD) “Increasing National Coffee Consumption” – December 1, 2021.
- Coffee Talkshow for Health which aims to provide education to the public about the benefits of coffee. – December 1st 2021.
- Focus Group Discussion (FGD) with the theme and “Sustainable Coffee Production” – December 7th 2021.
- “Wes Wayahe Ngopi Bareng” with Jember Regent. Wes Wayahe Ngopi bareng event was carried out to socialize the coffee drinking movement which was attended by
the entire Jember community. – Desember 9th 2021.
- Business Matching – Desember 14th 2021
- Preliminary “HCE Manual Brewing V60 Competition” – Desember 6th
- Final Manual Coffee Brewing V60 – Desember 9th 2021.
- Fun Cupping & Live Auction which will be conducted online through the coffeehub.id platform. This activity is expected to be a trigger to improve the economy of MSMEs and increase people’s coffee consumption. – Desember 15th 2021.
- The highlight of the 2021 HCE event will be held virtually on December 16, 2021 through the Nusantara Coffee Bereng Coffee activity which will be attended by several coffee farmers.
from various arabica and robusta coffee production centers, such as Aceh, North Sumatra, West Sumatra, Jambi, West Java, East Java, South Sulawesi, Bali, East Nusa Tenggara, and Papua. With the implementation of “Ngopi with Kopi Nusantara” it is hoped that it will represent the diversity of Indonesian coffee and the culture in each of them
area. Through the 2021 HCE event, it is hoped that it can introduce a variety of Indonesian coffees and educate the public regarding coffee, so that it can increase coffee consumption and the national economy.
- Information about Holistic Coffee Expo 2021 can be accessed through the following pages:
Humas Holistic Coffee Expo 2021
Indonesian Coffee and Cocoa Research Institute